How to Buy Containers
Once a user is registered and approved as a buyer on ContainerAuction.com, they have the ability to ask questions and purchase container listings associated with their level. For example: A retail buyer has full access to retail listings, a commercial trader has access to both commercial and retail listings, and an invited buyer has access to the listings of the person or company which invited them.
1. Search: To purchase a container, search through the listings on the site and choose a listing that is of interest.
2. Ask Questions: If you have any questions use the "Contact" button to ask questions about the listing and learn more about the containers before you confirm your purchase.
3. Bid/Buy the Container: Once you have found a listing that you would like to purchase or bid on, perform one of the following actions:
Bid on the Listing: If the listing is an auction listing you will need to enter your bid amount and wait for the listing to expire. During this time you will be notified if you are outbid.
It is important to note that you can enter the highest amount that you would like to pay, and ContianerAuction.com will keep your bid in the top position until you are outbid. Your entire amount may not be registered as a bid, only the amount required to keep you in the leading bid position.
Buy Now: If the listing has a "Buy Now" feature activated you can purchase the listing before it expires. Often times this amount is greater than the current bid, but if you feel that it is a fair price to pay and don't want to wait for the auction to end this is a good option.
4. Confirm your listing: After you've entered your bid, or clicked the "Buy Now" button you will be given a final confirmation screen with the sellers terms and conditions. If you agree to the terms and conditions check the box and confirm your bid. After this time you'll be emailed a confirmation message with the details of your action.
5. Invoicing and Payment: Once the listing closes the winner will be emailed a final confirmation, and within 24 hours will be issued an invoice with payment details. Once payment is made the seller will issue a release code and the buyer is clear to collect the container from the depot.