Connections and Networking
There are times when container sales require some discretion, and ContainerAuction.com allows buyers and sellers to connect with each other through the "My Connections". Once connected, a seller can create private listings through which they can invite targeted lists of buyers. These listings are not visible to the general public or commercial traders, only the invited buyers.
To manage your connections click on the "My Connections" icon. Once the "My Connections" window is opened you'll also be able to see the following tabs:
- Contacts: People that you have connected with either by inviting them directly, or through the site.
- Pending: Pending contacts are people that you have requested to connect with that have not confirmed your relationship yet.
- Invite: Use this tab to invite your existing contacts [read more]
- Browse: On this tab you can browse approved commercial traders and invite them into your network.
- Referals: Along with directly inviting buyers you can provide them with a referral code to enter when registering. These referred buyers will appear here, allowing you to track the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
Who Can Initiate a Connection?
Commercial traders are automatically listed in the "My Connections" directory. These traders can browse the list of other commercial traders and send them a request to connect. Once connected they can invite each other to private sales.
Commercial traders can also invite their existing buyers to join ContainerAuction.com through their account, and if the invitation is accepted it, the buyer is automatically made a contact.